Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weet-bix Slice, Chicken & noodle chow mein & Playdough :)

Yes play dough EXACTLY like the stuff from the shops WITHOUT the price!!  It lasts forever if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.

The batter starts out runny...


Then you stir continuously as it thickens...


When the dough no longer sticks to the sides of the pot it's ready :)



  Here is a yummy lunch box filler to use up all the weetbix that's not getting eaten by the kids!

Chicken noodle chow mein...my favourite!!  Sometimes I don't use the cooked egg noodles, but I'll just sprinkle in those fried egg noodles...my secret is in the way I cook the chicken...it's a quick cheats way of making velvet chicken :)

* You just cut up the chicken to the size you want (I also like to de-bone my chicken and fry them up on the side to nibble on while I'm cooking the rest of the meal lol )
* add whatever seasonings you like.  My staples are garlic powder, lite soy sauce, dash of dark soy sauce, little dribble of sesame oil, good splash of fish sauce and whatever else I fancy that day
* a good spoon or two of CORN FLOUR
* Mix thoroughly then fry at a med/high temp in a cast iron pan...does not take long at all, the juices thicken instantly (cos of the corn flour) and COAT THE CHICKEN keeping it moist...Once the chicken is cooked I put it aside while in another hot pan I place a small amount of oil and quickly fry off onion, garlic and ginger.  Add the already chopped/sliced veges of your choice and toss around.  Add the chicken and noodles...turn down the heat and allow to cook for a further 5 or so mins until the veges are tender :)



Quickly fry the chicken in a HOT pan/wok


Yummy...

No comments:

Post a Comment